So with the holidays and having a newborn mommy brain, things have been hectic! But I didn't forget about all of you! I feel so bad, I didn't even get to post the wonderful awards two of my mommy friends gave me in the last month. So without further ado:
I'm SO excited! I received my 1st blog award!
Tonya - of A Day in My Life gave me this and made my day! She is so sweet and amazingly talented. Visit her other two blogs as well - Currently Crafting & Munchkins And Mayhem for some of the most beautiful creative crafts you've ever seen & the neatest & tastiest Party treats! I can't wait to use some of her Halloween Party ideas for Elijah's birthday!
the award- upon receipt, the recipient is to list six things that make her/him happy before subsequently passing forward the glee to others. So here goes:
- My Family - My Son - He's so amazing & perfect. He is growing & learning everyday! My Honey - He's the best Hubby & Father ever imaginable.
Photo Taken by Jen Pyle
Dave bought me these right before I got preg and I just got to wear them for the first time at Thanksgiving! Woo Hoo!
- Vintage Dishes, Kitchenware & Aprons!
- Video games
I heart my playstation. and we just got a wii for xmas. thank you SO much beth!
- Scrap booking/ Crafting
eli's birth page
- Blogs & Blogging
you're on my blog so you know what this picture is... lolz
- First of all I don't know the rules on this, but I want to give Tonya the award back for all three of her blogs! I cannot get enough of her photos, crafts, ideas and the bloggy love she always leaves me! A Day in My LifeCurrently Crafting & Munchkins And Mayhem
- Corin @ Notes of Complicated Simplicity - A newborn momma. A sweetheart. A fellow late night feeding twitter talker. A diva. She's so creative and I can't get enough of her posts! I even won a bebe bottle sling from one of her blog review/giveaways.
- Tara @ Feels like Home - Is so kind over twitter! Has the neatest posts. And her recipes... mmm mmm mmm makes me hungry just thinking about READING one, let alone actually cooking one! haha
- Kim @ Crafty Mama of 4 - So honest, caring, and generous! How she is such a good mommy to her 4 kids and still has time to do product reviews and keep such a great blog I'll never know!
- Beth @ Plus Size Mommy - Also a Mommy to 4 kids that still seems to keep her blog and sanity in tact! I really want to know how these ladies do it. I can't even write a whole post without having to stop 30 times for one baby!
- Alicia @ Our Little Guy - She's due on March 4th with a sweet boy, Cayden. She always has a new cute blog header and is leaving me the sweetest comments. I can't wait to see the photos of the little blessing she has inside her when he makes his debut. He is going to be so lucky to have such a caring, kind, wonderful mommy.
Now on top of that Corin @ Notes of Complicated Simplicity was so sweet to give me this
I wanted to give this award to SSSSOOOO many blog friends! But there are a few of you that truly stick out in my mind:
1. Tonya - @A Day in My Life is definitely on the top of my list for a great attitude. She has quite a few bad days in the last few months and some how comes out the other side shining even brighter and smiling even bigger. What an inspiration.
2. Tara - @ Family Traditions has more than gratitude and I have TONS and TONS of THANKS owed to her. During GNO,(now Mom It Forward), on Twitter a few weeks before Christmas we were discussing Random Acts of Kindness, and I happened to tweet jokingly that someone could give/buy me a baby sling for Christmas as their RAK... well low and behold Tara actually responded and offered me one her friend handmade her! Talk about a great attitude. This has got to be the sweetest, most generous, random act of kindness I have ever been the recipient of! She really deserves more than just a little award, but I figured I would start here!
3. Joe - @ A Joe Review Husband to the most wonderful friend and inspiration I could have ever found over the computer. His wife, Betty, kept my spirits high while on bed rest. This sweetheart of a husband took care of Betty when she was on bed rest with her son and that was just one of the amazing things he has done for their family. You would think being such a great husband and father that life would be giving him tons of kudos, but we all know it doesn't work that way. Through the bad and the good, he has really been working hard on his blog, and it shows. So at least I can give him an award for his hard work and tell all of you to please visit A Joe Review so you can enjoy it too!
Now no offense to the remainder of the award recipients, but my fingers are getting tired. So HUGS all around! Readers, Please Visit their blogs! I'm sure you will enjoy them all!
4. Carissa & Jly @ Mom It Forward
5. Kristin @ The Sassy Mom
6. Rachel @ Touch'd
7. DJane @ Blogging Momma
8. Pamela @ PMKU
9. Annette @ Musings
and last but not least... of course I couldn't leave him out... it involving lemon's and all. Actually, I will have to make him a special award: When life gives you lemons: Make lemon cookies & dew ♥
10. My good friend and neighborhood superhero: Mister Perturbed's ENTROPY
Now if all of that isn't enough fun... one last thing! (I know this is long enough already... haha) EVERYBODY I AWARDED TODAY, I am tagging you! My sister in law tagged me on facebook and I thought it would be fun to bring it to my blog! So here goes:
1. I love my life, no matter the obstacles that get in the way. "I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go. Things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right. You believe lies so that you learn to eventually trust no one but yourself. And some times good things fall apart, so even better things can fall together." Marilyn Monroe
2. I come up from a very strange split & interesting family. I love everyone with unconditional love, despite the way they treat me. Your family is still your family no matter what. Even if I have to remind myself this at times.
3. No matter how old I get, I love video games. My absolute favorites are the entire Silent Hill series for Playstation & Diablo 2 for the computer. The silent hill love had grew into more of an obsession when the second one came out. Then by the time 4 came out & then the movie I had Dave obsessed as well. He will sit and watch me beat them. We used to sit in bed and I would play every night (pre baby) for HOURS at a time. We also played Final Fantasy X & X2 as well as I whipped out the SNES & N64 for some classic Zelda action. :) Oh yeah and I'm currently playing DDR on my PS2 to loose that baby weight. WOOHOO!
4. We don't have cable. We watch only a few hours of tv a week at best. We buy the shows we really like on DVD & we buy movies. We goto the library and they have a HUGE selection of dvds you can get out for free. We will probably never have cable because we dont care. People have told us, well you know you should get it for Elijah. Why? Wouldnt they rather him grow up reading and playing outside?
5. I love my blog & blogging. From Son Up to Son Down. This is my second blog, just started when Elijah was born because I felt I needed a clean slate to start this new chapter of my life. I know I need to put even more into my blog. Dave jokes I spent too much time on here now! But I always get sidetracked reading everybody else's... haha
6. I love Twitter. If I am on the computer I am tweeting. I love my Tweeples! I tweet so much I sometimes screw up and have schizoTWITphrenia, and end up tweeting myself. If you dont know what any of these means then you need to become a twitizen of twitterville too and get a Twitter! My tweets also update my status on facebook, which is why at times it appears Im talking about something totally random.
7. I don't trust very many people. I DO TRUST Dave more than anyone I have ever trusted. I trust Beth next. After that I trust my sister's husband Bob. He & I were best friends since we were like 12. Thats how they met & fell in love. I included a photo of Dave, Bob, & Me from right after Eli was born in our downstairs living room. Bob knows my oldest, deepest & darkest secrets and I know his. We know stuff about each other I am 99999% positive no one else knows. I also trust Tonya for some reason, even though I have never met her in person. She just is very trustworthy.
8. I write so much freakin
9. I am a really bad friend when it comes to the phone. I never answer the phone. I hate the phone. I will talk on here for hours and then wont answer when you tell me ON HERE, your currently calling my phone. I apologize if that pisses you off. I will probably never change.
10. The friend I've known the longest (not counting family) on my facebook is Matt. He also lives the closest to us, only 2 minutes away! He used to drive me to school before I got my car in high school! He is such a great guy and even though we may go months without talking he is one of the few people I consider a true friend. Who has always taken me for who I am, never judged me and is friends with me unconditionally, not because he wants anything out of it. It thrills me to death that his son is 17 months, bobs son is a little over a year and Eli will be less than a year younger than him. So they can grow up friends & skateboard together like Matt, Bob & I did. YAY!
11. The friend I've known the shortest on my facebook is Tonya. When I was on bed rest, depressed, lonely and pregnant, somehow she found my blog...(how did you do that? through twittermoms?) anyway. She left me a comment. and for SOME reason it was like the sweetest thing I had ever read. So I started reading her blogs too. She has 3. I loved her craft & party ideas on two of her blogs and reading on her personal blog about her 3 kids. Especially her twins, they are adorable! [Their pictures are of toddler model quality, seriously the cutest kids ever.] Pretty soon we were commenting back & forth regularly then twittering. She really makes me feel good with her comments and helped make the bed rest not seem so bad. If she didn't live in CA I would host a fancy tea party in her honor to celebrate how much I appreciate her thoughts & friendship! Dave even knows her name & her kids names from me talking about her.
I also have another friend online that helped me get through my pregnancy named Betty. She was on bedrest with her preg so she was very understanding & sympathetic. Dave knows all about her as well. He is so glad I had Tonya & Betty to chat with!
12. I now have 11 brothers and sisters. and 3 possiblys.
1 brother Neil - We share the same Mom & Dad. My only TRUE FULL BROTHER & my favorite!!!
1 half brother Liam - We share the same Dad.
1 step sister Jordan  - my step mother's daughter. No blood but looks JUST LIKE ME. go figure.
3 cousins but we grew up in the same house, so we consider each other siblings Amber  Trish  Stevie 
1 best friend Bob who should have been my brother, and luckily married Amber so now he is 
2 sister in laws Cathi & Jen (Dave's sisters)
1 brother in law Cathi's husband Mike
1 god sister Beth. She is Eli's god mother & grew up with Dave, basically like another sister to him.
I also have 2 ALMOST sisters. Stevie's Fiancee Shayna, and if i can convince Neil to marry her [LOL] his girl friend Rachel. and one possibly brother in law, Trish's fiance, Alex. sweet. that would make 14. sweet.
13. I am a HUGE dork. I love to play video games, read comics, play card games like Magic the gathering and YES even though i dont get the chance any more, to table top role play. NO that is not a sex game. LOL its games like Dungeons & Dragons. If I could convince Dave to play with me, I would probably still play. Although he did want to help me write a D20 Modern game, he played when he was a kid and didnt like it. I still dream of being a dungeon master and still carry a D20 with me. You never know when you need to roll a will save or whatnot. Just hope I dont critically fail.
14. I collect things. lots of things. here are so examples: I collect coke reward points. You know the codes under the caps & on the boxes. If you give me your codes I will love you forever. I have collected over 1000 points so far. To give you a scale of what that really means bottles are only 3 points apiece and the can boxes are only 10 each. I redeemed about 300 for 3 different magazine subscriptions so far but nothing else. I also collect pampers grow points towards free diapers and disney reward points that are in new disney DVDS towards Disney stuff.
I also collect tangible items. My favorite things are vintage (80's & earlier) kitchenware (dishes, cookware, china, glass, etc.) and Aprons. I also collect SHOES! I &hearts them. I have a good sized shot glass collection as well. and matchbox hearses.
I used to collect Barbies. I have some worth over $750. I also used to collect unicorns.
Dave collects Hot wheels/Matchbook police cars. I buy him everyone I see. In 2005 alone I spent over $300 on cars just at christmas replacing his collection from when he had as a kid. He showed me a photo of his collection from childhood (it was stolen YEARS ago) and I used that photo on ebay and was able to replace all but a few. He now has over 600+ police cars 30+ police helicopters and 30+ police motorcycles. He even has a blimp, some boats and a few other strange vehicles. All 1:72 Matchbox scale.
15. I love Dave. I know this is far from a secret and definitely a KNOWN fact. But I thought everyone should hear it again. LOL. He by far the strongest, smartest, most loving & caring person I have ever met. We have had our problems, but who hasnt? Now we have our home, a baby, and each other and it is by far, better than I could have ever imagined my life to be. He is the best father and the best partner imaginable. Do you know he will work all night then stay up and play with elijah for hours, on his nights off he will let me sleep and take care of Elijah for hours. He supports me in any decision, He loves me for who I am, and he takes care of me. We cook together and clean together and both give 50/50 to making our lives together the best possible. After the last 5 years I now truly believe that if you are meant to be with someone you will be with them. No matter what. I would do anything for him in the world. I love him more than anything in the world.
16. I am massively forgetful and am at times, up to 80% deaf in my left ear 10% in my right (due to ear drum damage from standing next to a rocket car as a kid when it started I took off my ear plugs ), am blind as a bat with out my glasses and right now seriously need new ones because your eyes change with pregnancy. Makes for fun times! Seriously makes me frustrated and upset at times. Especially when dave says something and I say "what?" he gets SO mad because he doesnt think I was listening so he says forget it and walks away, even though the doctor has told him I cant hear.
ok that was fun. Now your turn!
Before I go I will give you a BONUS random fact.
I am OCD organized in some ways. Example I have a Kitchen Management binder. It has everything from recipes, to use & care of my kitchen items, to inventory, conversion charts, etc. It even has a blue print I drafted of my kitchen, complete with electrical. Each cabinet, counter, drawer is also numbered on the blue print and color coded. Then there is a master inventory that goes with it listing EVERY item in or on that number.
I have a home management binder as well but i dont want to blow your mind any further with my insanity...