My favorite activity during Erin Time after the holidays was always sorting through, editing, and displaying all those holiday photos! Since this was my little man's first Christmas, it's even more exciting! I wanted to find all kinds of neat ideas to display a few of my favorites out of the 1000+ photos we had taken over the last month. (Seriously over 1000, no exaggeration... HA HA ) You may also want an excuse to buy yourself another present...
I was browsing Etsy and came across the most wonderful shop, that definitely had what I was looking for!
Kay's Kraft's sells beautiful custom memory boards! Our photos look fantastic on ours, and we guarantee yours will too! We put one in Dave's office at work so he can display and share the newest and cutest photos of Elijah without having to put holes in our memories. It's so easy to change them too! He doesn't have to worry about bringing frames back and forth, I just give him a stack of photos and he sticks them in! Not to mention how easy the board itself was to hang! They are so lightweight you don't need any extra hardware to hang them on any wall!
I love them so much I need at least 5 more! I was thinking about how nice it would be to have one over my craft desk, another over my scrapbook desk, one over my sewing machine, and one in the kitchen - to hold all my ideas, bits and pieces, recipes. For instance, right now I have little bins on my scrap booking desk. When I come up with a page idea I put all the photos, elements, and embellishments I find in the bin. I think it would be so neat to put them on one of these memory boards instead and then it could serve as not only a reminder of what I am currently working on, but would also serve as a fantastic ever changing design element to the room!
Kay has so many designs too! They are custom made by hand, so each one is unique. She has so many different patterns, ribbons & buttons - there certainly is something you will love! If not, she can even work with you to make larger or smaller boards, with different buttons & ribbons!
The day ours came in the mail the first thing I noticed was the effort Kay took shipping her memory boards. It came carefully wrapped and then placed inside a big cardboard sleeve, so you don't have to worry about her lovely work getting damaged in shipping. As soon as I opened it, I was so pleased with her craftsmanship! She attaches each button, each ribbon, with so much love and care. And it shows!
She has beautiful patterned boards, patriotic, children's, quilted, she even has a Breast Cancer Awareness Board and donates 20% for every board that is sold to the Cancer Society!
I was able to pick one of her store that would match EVERY room in my house perfectly... Now if only I can convince hubster to buy me one for every room of the house I would be OK... :)
I LOVE Kay's boards and am sure you will as well! Kay is sure you will love her boards too and wants to give one lucky reader a chance to do so on her! So she generously as offered you a chance to win her small gingham board!
- Visit http://www.kayskrafts.etsy.com and look around her shop. Come back and leave 1 comment below telling me your favorite board in her shop and what you would use it to display. Remember to leave your email so I can contact you if you win! You MUST do this or you will be disqualified!
- Non bloggers - Visit http://www.kayskrafts.etsy.com and look around her shop. Either leave me a comment OR Email me at Ejsmomej(at)gmail(dot)com - telling me your favorite board in her shop and what you would use it to display.
- Add my button to your blog and leave me 1 extra comment with your link. (1 entry)
- Follow me on Twitter @Erinjeany & tweet about this giveaway. Leave me 1 extra comment with your twitter name and the tweet link. (1 entry)
- Follow my blog through blogger and leave me 1 extra comment letting me know you did so. (1 entry)
- Blog about this giveaway on your blog and leave me 2 extra comments leaving the link to your blog post on the first one, and the link to your blog on the second. (2 entries)
- Facebook Users - Add me as a friend (My Page) & post on your wall about this giveaway. Then come back here and leave a comment (or email if you're a non blogger) with your facebook link. (1 entry)
- Non Bloggers - Email 5 people about this giveaway and CC me at ejsmomej (at) gmail (dot) com. Extra points for each additional 5 people. (1 entry per 5 - maximum of 5 times)
This giveaway will run until Sunday January 11th, 2009 at Midnight EST. Winner will be announced Monday January 12th, 2009 and will be sent an email. Winner will then have 72 hours to claim their prize or another winner will be drawn! Open to US only, Sorry!